This one’s for my Sanad family members & anyone stressed!
- Are you feeling overwhelmed? Swarmed with projects prepping for a certain.. “Grand Opening?” Is your internet slow? Are you hot? It’s hot today in Ottawa. I know how you feel. You want to cry. OK so maybe we experience stress differently, but I wanted to cry. And I did and I felt some relief. Alhamdulilah.
- Step away from your workspace. Get up and wash your face with cooling water. Perform wudu. It will cool your fire and dampen your nerves.
- Take 10 mindful breaths. Inhale deeply. Exhale Fully.
- Make 10 mindful salawats. Imagine the Prophet ﷺ receiving each one. Smile.
- Now listen with your heart to the Prophet’s reply ﷺ. Wow!
- Come back to your workspace; if it’s a mess, take a few minutes to clean it. You don’t have to deep clean it, just declutter it a bit. A clear space before you reflects in you a clear mind.
- Eat a banana. Bananas normalize the heartbeat and send oxygen to your brain –
but then so does breathing, so please don’t stress about not having any bananas to eat to reduce your stress. That’s just ridiculous.
- Trust God. Whatever you do, whatever you end up not finishing, it’s going to be OK. Just remember, God is the cause and brings about the effect. Our work is just out of adab.
- Aim for excellence not perfection.
- And lastly ask for ease. There are those who work for God, and then there are those who work for God with God by their side.