7 holy intentions by Habib Ali al Jifri
- We intend to fast all the days of this month, beginning from the first night of its inception, and intend to renew this intention every day before sunrise (fajr).
- We intend: to expose ourselves to Allah’s subtle spiritual breezes (nafahat); a sincere repentance, by having regret for what may have transpired from us, leaving sinful and disliked actions, and having resolve to never return to them; to return people’s rights or dues and if unable, then seek their pardon: to persist in renewing one’s repentance after every sin.
- We intend to recite the Quran in a sate of majesty and exaltation toward its words, and attain an opening in it from Allah.
- We intend to call to Allah through good behaviour and virtuous character, particularly when quarrels and arguments might take place during the fast.
- We intend from the beginning that it be a month of nearness to Allah through mastering our works and actions.
- We intend to spend the nights of this month in righteous works and take benefit from the Night of Immense Worth (Laylat-al Qadr).
- We intend to rectify the state of our hearts so they be better after Ramadan than they were before it. We intend to remain in a continuous state of upward spiritual ascent until our meeting with Allah is that of those who are loved.
What are some of your intentions? Tell me in the comments!
Welcome to our blog!
On Instagram, we post more than just handmade jewelry, we upload 1 minute meditation videos every Wednesday and often post quotes and lifestyle tips – something we categorize under #FeyroozPhilosophy with a hashtag.
If you synchronize with FeyRooz philosophy and enjoy those meditation videos, we can take it to a whole other level with that content on this platform. There’s more space to write and more space to breath. Instagram can be tight! (pun intended).
So, let’s begin.
You know where a blog is heading, by knowing where a blog is coming from. And you know where a blog is coming from, by knowing what inspires it.
Very briefly, let’s talk about what inspired the Title:
Long before Fey Rooz the Blog came Fey Rooz the Etsy shop inspired by:
- the Sunnah
And its title? Inspired by all things beautiful:
- my Mother
- the artist Fairouz
- Imam Ali (RA)
The Froth of a Spiritual Life. Sweetly inspired by the Friend of God Habib Umar, this blog’s subtitle takes after his book’s title: The Cream of Remembrance.
I first touched and read it’s ivory pages inscribed with celestial invocations in the dimly lit basement of his student, and now my local shaykh, here in Ottawa. Little pocket size with a leathery caramel cover: so inviting to the touch and when read aloud, harmonious to the inner and outer ear. My heart’s musical notes were being played on the vocal chords of both the aspiring women gathered around me and the aspiring men encased behind the shoji screen in the room.
These posts are nowhere near the cream, or the essence, extracted from Divine Remembrance. These posts are a little taste: the froth, a trace of your diving in.
Remembrance is just another word for Mindfulness or God-Consciousness. I will try to Remember and remind you of the Divine and my divine experience with poetry, songs, reflections… and hopefully we can put things to practise.