This one’s for my Sanad family members & anyone stressed!
- Are you feeling overwhelmed? Swarmed with projects prepping for a certain.. “Grand Opening?” Is your internet slow? Are you hot? It’s hot today in Ottawa. I know how you feel. You want to cry. OK so maybe we experience stress differently, but I wanted to cry. And I did and I felt some relief. Alhamdulilah.
- Step away from your workspace. Get up and wash your face with cooling water. Perform wudu. It will cool your fire and dampen your nerves.
- Take 10 mindful breaths. Inhale deeply. Exhale Fully.
- Make 10 mindful salawats. Imagine the Prophet ﷺ receiving each one. Smile.
- Now listen with your heart to the Prophet’s reply ﷺ. Wow!
- Come back to your workspace; if it’s a mess, take a few minutes to clean it. You don’t have to deep clean it, just declutter it a bit. A clear space before you reflects in you a clear mind.
- Eat a banana. Bananas normalize the heartbeat and send oxygen to your brain –
but then so does breathing, so please don’t stress about not having any bananas to eat to reduce your stress. That’s just ridiculous.
- Trust God. Whatever you do, whatever you end up not finishing, it’s going to be OK. Just remember, God is the cause and brings about the effect. Our work is just out of adab.
- Aim for excellence not perfection.
- And lastly ask for ease. There are those who work for God, and then there are those who work for God with God by their side.
Welcome to our blog!
On Instagram, we post more than just handmade jewelry, we upload 1 minute meditation videos every Wednesday and often post quotes and lifestyle tips – something we categorize under #FeyroozPhilosophy with a hashtag.
If you synchronize with FeyRooz philosophy and enjoy those meditation videos, we can take it to a whole other level with that content on this platform. There’s more space to write and more space to breath. Instagram can be tight! (pun intended).
So, let’s begin.
You know where a blog is heading, by knowing where a blog is coming from. And you know where a blog is coming from, by knowing what inspires it.
Very briefly, let’s talk about what inspired the Title:
Long before Fey Rooz the Blog came Fey Rooz the Etsy shop inspired by:
- the Sunnah
And its title? Inspired by all things beautiful:
- my Mother
- the artist Fairouz
- Imam Ali (RA)
The Froth of a Spiritual Life. Sweetly inspired by the Friend of God Habib Umar, this blog’s subtitle takes after his book’s title: The Cream of Remembrance.
I first touched and read it’s ivory pages inscribed with celestial invocations in the dimly lit basement of his student, and now my local shaykh, here in Ottawa. Little pocket size with a leathery caramel cover: so inviting to the touch and when read aloud, harmonious to the inner and outer ear. My heart’s musical notes were being played on the vocal chords of both the aspiring women gathered around me and the aspiring men encased behind the shoji screen in the room.
These posts are nowhere near the cream, or the essence, extracted from Divine Remembrance. These posts are a little taste: the froth, a trace of your diving in.
Remembrance is just another word for Mindfulness or God-Consciousness. I will try to Remember and remind you of the Divine and my divine experience with poetry, songs, reflections… and hopefully we can put things to practise.