7 holy intentions by Habib Ali al Jifri
- We intend to fast all the days of this month, beginning from the first night of its inception, and intend to renew this intention every day before sunrise (fajr).
- We intend: to expose ourselves to Allah’s subtle spiritual breezes (nafahat); a sincere repentance, by having regret for what may have transpired from us, leaving sinful and disliked actions, and having resolve to never return to them; to return people’s rights or dues and if unable, then seek their pardon: to persist in renewing one’s repentance after every sin.
- We intend to recite the Quran in a sate of majesty and exaltation toward its words, and attain an opening in it from Allah.
- We intend to call to Allah through good behaviour and virtuous character, particularly when quarrels and arguments might take place during the fast.
- We intend from the beginning that it be a month of nearness to Allah through mastering our works and actions.
- We intend to spend the nights of this month in righteous works and take benefit from the Night of Immense Worth (Laylat-al Qadr).
- We intend to rectify the state of our hearts so they be better after Ramadan than they were before it. We intend to remain in a continuous state of upward spiritual ascent until our meeting with Allah is that of those who are loved.
What are some of your intentions? Tell me in the comments!